Attorney Robert G. Stahl, firm founder, has represented all types of high profile cases from Dias Kadyrbayev, the college student from Kazakhstan who was charged with obstruction in the Boston Marathon Bombing aftermath case; to rabbis charged with kidnapping and money laundering; to a former police officer charged with murder; and a pharmacist charged in connection with a massive internet-based pharmacy business. Mr. Stahl has been featured on the Fox News Channel, CNN, CBS Evening News and other print, and broadcast media across the globe.
Have you been accused of a state or federal crime? Your goal is to have those charges dismissed or to be acquitted at trial. Are you under investigation by federal or state authorities? Your aim is to avoid being charged with a crime.
At Robert G. Stahl Esq. Criminal Defense Lawyers, we have successfully defended hundreds of individuals targeted by investigations or formally accused of state and federal crimes and we'll fight to help you meet these objectives. Contact us online to discuss your legal matter.
Knowledgeable and Qualified Legal Counsel
Our firm was founded in 1997 and our criminal defense attorneys have more than 50 years of combined criminal law experience for both defense and prosecution. This valuable experience on both sides of criminal matters is key to helping us fight your charges. Our attorney team's credentials and experience include:
- A Certified Criminal Trial Attorney with nearly 30 years of courtroom and legal experience handling the most complex White-Collar and violent crime investigations and cases;
- New Jersey Super Lawyer, White-Collar Criminal Defense from 2007 to present;
- The Best Lawyers in America, from 2012 through present year;
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, from 2013 through present year;
- U.S. News & World Report, 2016 The Best Law Firms As Chosen By Their Peers;
- AV Preeminent peer-rated recognition by Martindale-Hubbell from 2001-present;
- Membership and association with the New Jersey Supreme Court, the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the American Association for Justice;
- A former award-winning Assistant U.S. Attorney who prosecuted the largest excise tax fraud case in the history of the United States, as well as a number of organized crime and business fraud cases; and
- Recipient of the Director's Award and the John Marshall Award, both top national honors from the U.S. Department of Justice;
- A thorough and creative researcher and writer recognized for her persuasive pre-trial motions, sentencing memorandums, post-trial and appellate motions and trial strategy. She has worked on numerous high profile trial and appellate cases, including capital cases and cases of first impression.
- Andrew Olesnycky joined the firm in August of 2015 after serving five years as an Assistant Prosecutor in the Union County Prosecutor's Office. As a prosecutor, Mr. Olesnycky tried numerous serious felony cases before juries and secured hundreds of convictions through guilty plea. Most recently, Mr. Olesnycky served as the supervisor of the Domestic Violence Unit, where he oversaw three attorneys and two detectives investigating and prosecuting a broad range of domestic violence offenses.
Experienced Criminal Defense Practice
We are experienced and adept at successfully handling complex white-collar criminal defense cases involving millions of documents and multiple defendants, as well as complicated and overlapping business transactions and ownership. Our criminal law practice represents defendants in state and federal courts.
Appeals: Federal and State
Post-trial, our firm also handles appeals at the state and federal levels.
Contact a New York and New Jersey-Based Embezzlement Defense Attorney
Contact us online to set up an appointment or call us at 908-301-9001 for our Westfield, New Jersey office, or 212-755-3300 for our Manhattan office.