Since the mortgage crisis began, state and federal authorities and agencies have been aggressively investigating allegations of fraud regarding mortgages, real estate transactions and home loans. Professionals at all points of real estate transactions are under increasing scrutiny and charges of fraud are increasingly common.
If you have been accused of mortgage fraud or are under investigation, our New Jersey and New York criminal defense law firm, Stahl Criminal Defense Lawyers, can help. We have defended hundreds of individuals and businesses accused of fraud, including mortgage fraud.
If you have are facing charges of mortgage fraud, hire a legal team that includes a former Assistant United States Attorney and prosecutor. Call Stahl Criminal Defense Lawyers, at 908-301-9001 or contact us online.
Defending Businesses and Individuals From Criminal Charges
Attorneys Robert Stahl and Laura Gasiorowski are experienced in handling complex cases, including cases that involve voluminous mortgage documents from numerous transactions spanning months and years. We have successfully defended individuals and businesses performing a broad range of roles in the mortgage and home and commercial loan process, including:
- Mortgage companies and title companies
- Mortgage brokers
- Real estate housing appraisers
- Real estate agents
- Mortgage underwriters and title companies
- Real estate lawyers
Protecting You From Accusations of Fraud
Additionally, our team of attorneys has represented individuals and businesses accused of the following actions:
- Falsifying documents, omitting information or leaving out steps in the underwriting and loan approval process
- Misrepresenting information to buyers, such as subprime mortgage information
- Arranging loans, home sales and home equity lines of credit to buyers who do not actually qualify for a home purchase
- Working with appraisers to commit mortgage fraud
- Inflating the income of a buyer or inflating the income of house's value
- Paying or receiving kickbacks
- Committing fraud against HUD
- Flipping houses, such as through a straw or fake buyer to artificially inflate the price
We understand complex commercial, loan and financial transactions and our attorneys are experienced in minimizing and eliminating clients' exposure to criminal charges. If you have been accused of mortgage fraud or foreclosure fraud, our lawyers are well versed in handling complex business-related cases involving tax, mortgage and securities fraud.
Contact a New York and New Jersey Real Estate Fraud Defense Attorney
For questions regarding mortgage fraud, contact us online. Our offices are located in Westfield, New Jersey and Manhattan.